The Foyle Research Institute of Monaco (FRIM) supports and encourages highly innovative and sometimes controversial research on medical therapeutics, including alternative and complementary therapies.
FRIM is well aware that there are already many innovative projects being funded by major companies, national foundations, and government agencies in the medical therapeutics fields, including some of those noted below. However, there are numerous highly innovative medical therapies, especially electrotherapeutics and other energy-based therapies that researchers have great difficulty getting funding for. For example, little research has been done on electrotherapeutics for microbial diseases that could potentially treat any microbial disease, including AIDS, malaria, bacterial, viral, and fungal diseases. This could not only solve the huge and growing antibiotic resistance problem around the world, but could also provide a quick response to bioterrorism, should it occur.
In addition, electrotherapeutics and energy based methods could potentially be used to treat Alzheimer’s, cancer, and other diseases, as well as, slow the aging process and enhance longevity. Little or no research has ever been financed by mainstream sources for these subject areas, which FRIM seeks to help provide.
FRIM would like to request research proposals for funding consideration in the following specific areas:
- Anti-aging and rejuvenation therapies;
- Pharmaceutical, herbal, physical, or energy-based methods for greatly enhancing the immune system or the placebo effect in an individual;
- Research on immunotherapy methods for treating diseases of all kinds, especially cancer;
- Research and development of energy-based methods for the treatment of diseases and disorders, especially the following:
- – Cancers of all kinds;
- – Microbial Diseases: Including any bacterial, viral, fungal, or other microbial disease, especially malaria, AIDS, and tuberculosis;
- – Addictions of any kind: Including any form of drug or substance addiction, such as cocaine, heroin, methamphetamines, prescribed drugs, alcohol, nicotine, or other substances.
- -Neurological disorders and mental conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, epilepsy, and autism;
- -Psychiatric and Psychological disorders, such as PTSD, depression, anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, and stress disorder;
- -These energy methods must be non-chemical, non-pharmaceutical, non-ionizing, and non-invasive, and may include any non-ionizing electromagnetic radiation frequency, (including light), electrical fields, magnetic fields, micro direct electrical currents, micro alternating electrical currents, sound waves (including infrasound, audible sound, and ultrasound), mechanical stimulation, or any other such energy methods. These energy methods may include pulses of frequencies, or fields, such as in Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy (PEMF), pulses of pulses, different shapes of waves, or other novel characteristics.
- Research and development of Phage Therapy for the treatment of microbial diseases and cancers;
- Research on spontaneous remission of cancers of all kinds;
- Research on alternative and complementary medicines, especially those developed over hundreds of years by various ethnic and cultural groups who have found effective medications through trial and error. This would include Traditional Chinese Medicine, Ayurvedic medicine of India, Native American medicines, and other; These are frequently not patentable because they are natural substances, or combinations thereof, and are frequently neglected by the pharmaceutical companies since they could not get patents of the medicines they developed.